09 January 2007

Christmas, New Year, India

Well, I must remember not to highlight my posts to change colour from the bottom up, as they always seem to disappear and I cannot recover them - annoying.
Christmas was a bit wierd, being the first one with out grandparents, and my sister being at her in-laws. It wasn't helped by studying up until the week before, and only wrapping presents and putting up the tree on the 24th. However, we celebrated an engagement and the welcoming into the family of the new generation of kids, which was exciting.
We went to see Eragon over New Year, which was good, but not at the same standard of the book - I felt they missed some of my favourite storylines, and wasn't sure how they would film the sequal as they seemed to miss out some major plots, and not explain other parts of the story, (expecially as they didn't explain the dwarfs inside the mountian clearly.) However halfway through the film my mum realised that she'd visited the mountains in the film when she was a teenager and had walked along the ridge of the High Tatras in Slovakia, and reminiscised on the way home!!
I'm off to India on saturday, so will hope to post photos once I return. I'm visiting Gujarat as part of one of my modules next semester, and am well excited as it'll be the first time I'll have visited a country outside of Europe - hopefully one of many!!

No comments: